People from all around the world want to get rid of extra pounds. Losing weight has became an international sport. We all have bad eating habits and on top of that some of us exercise only once in a blue moon, when we remember. Lifestyle may affect some less and others more. It’s important to recognize when you have a weight problem and start doing something for your health.
What is The Slim Fast Liquid Diet?
Nowadays, liquid diets for weight loss are increasing in popularity. One of the more popular commercially available liquid meal replacements is called Slim Fast. Slim Fast is a liquid diet available in a variety of different flavors and claims to supply you with all the vitamins and nutrients you need. The concept is to replace two meals a day with shakes and then eat a healthy meal. Although in recent years the Slim-Fast company has included in the program snack foods, many dieters skip the snacks and simply stick to the liquid diet program. Most dieticians still maintain that a liquid replacement diet is not an appropriate substitute for a healthy lifestyle.
Slim Fast Diet Shakes
1. Pre-mixed Shakes
- Slim Fast’s pre-mixed shakes are great for people who don’t have the time for a full meal.
- The shakes are available in eight flavors including Cappuccino Delight, French Vanilla, Cream Milk Chocolate, Rich Chocolate Royale and Strawberries N’ Cream. Dieters with special needs may opt for their Lower-Carb Cream Chocolate, Lower-Carb Vanilla Cream or High-Protein Extra Creamy Chocolate.
- Each shake contains 180 to 190 calories and 25 to 100 percent of the recommended daily values of vitamins A, B-6, B-12, C, D, E and K as well as well as other important nutrients.
2. Shake Mixes
- Slim Fast’s line of powdered meal replacement are cost-effective for those who have the time for to prepare it.
- The shakes are available in six flavors, including Chocolate Royale, French Vanilla, Milk Chocolate, Strawberry Supreme, High-Protein Creamy Vanilla and High-Protein Creamy Chocolate
- When mixed with 250 ml of fat-free skim milk, each shake contains roughly 200 calories and approximately one third of the recommended daily intake for the most important vitamins and minerals.
You can actually make a diet program that fits your needs. Slim-Fast.com provides a weight loss plan and a chart where you can see how your weight evolves over the diet. Also, Slim-Fast advertises that its liquid diet program will result in weight loss of about 1 to 2 lbs a week.
Dangers and Health Concerns
Liquid diets are very tempting. However, they present many grave concerns to health care providers.
The dangers of a liquid diet are:
- lack of nutrition ( insufficient calories, insufficient fiber, lack of vital nutrients) your body needs to survive
- the worst aspect of liquid diets is that they do not teach a person better, healthier eating habits. The result is that the weight loss achieved on the plans is not permanent; as soon as a normal eating pattern is resumed, the dieter begins to regain lost pounds, and may end up in worse shape than before. You may want to consider nutritional counseling.
Although the Slim Fast liquit diet appears safe, you must seek the advice of your physician or other health care provider before making plans. Any diet may appear safe and simple, but only your doctor is able to determine which diet is suitable for you.
Also, the information in this article is solely for informational purposes. It is not intended to provide medical advice.